Sunday, February 22, 2015

Lululemon mural project

It's been some time since my last post and I had been meaning to post this. Late last year, I was commissioned to do a mural for Lululemon to coincide with their opening of their flagship store. We had to pick one of the lines from their manifesto. It was a daunting challenge as I hadn't done anything of this scale before and it came during my final weeks of school, so it was a stressful time. 

After much delay and bad weather, I got it completed with the help of some friends and it was a nice way to end the year. The mural is along South Bridge Road at the start of Boat Quay. 



*The above photos by Michael Tay

When you try to make do with what space you have to cut a big ass stencil. 

This was the scariest part. The stencil was really flimsy and it was pretty windy, 
and it was tearing in places. 

I quite liked it this way.
The weather played games with us. It would rain and stop, drizzle and stop…and eventually, we had to stop cos the paint couldn't dry fast enough and it started smudging. 
We came back a week later to finish up and could only do it at night after work. 



No comments: