Monday, January 20, 2014

Girlfriends are forever.

Two weeks have gone by, I've been settling into my new job. My co-workers/bosses are a fun duo that it's hardly dull. Time seems to pass by even quicker now.

Just got news that Marni will be leaving in two weeks. Too soon in my opinion. How do you try to cram quality time into those days before someone leaves you to go far away? I get attached to people as much as I get attached to inanimate objects, I will always feel a loss. And it's not like Sweden is across the border, that every weekend would be a little adventure. Okay, I am tremendously affected by this. We knew it was going to happen sooner or later, just that I didn't expect it to be in two weeks!

It's hard to put into words how despondent I feel, but just cos eventually we will all go our separate ways and live separate lives and for some, especially at the rate we're going, live further and further away that it would seem as if I am being left behind. Selfish, I know. With the closest people I grew up with from school also having moved overseas years ago, its not unusual for me to feel some kind of anxiety. Sure, I have lots of friends, but how could you ever find a group so tightly knit ever again. I'm pretty sure I will look back on this many years from now and laugh at the insecurities I am feeling this very moment. Just that for now, indulge me.


"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, 

we take a little of each other everywhere." - Tim McGraw
Viva la GFC.

No comments: