Friday, June 14, 2013

Brush


They say practice makes perfect but I am nowhere near yet. I've always wanted to try brush painting, especially since I've been doing hand lettering. It's always a challenge to do something new. There's trying to learn the basics and there's also trying to break away from what you're comfortable with. I'm perfectly fine with a pencil and its easier to control, but that's only cos writing with a pen/pencil is one of the first basic skills you learn growing up. So to pick up a brush to write is an entirely different skill altogether. So a few days ago, I tried and today I decided to try again. Especially since I came across a relatively new hand lettering tutorials site

I reworked the above, scanned and traced and painted it on a panel for future works. 

No comments: